Ken Puls, FCPA, FCMA
One of the founding partners of Skillwave.Training, Ken is the President and Chief Training Officer of Excelguru Consulting Inc.
Before stepping into Excelguru Consulting Inc. full time in May 2015, Ken spent over twenty years working in public practice accounting and industry as both Controller and an IT Director. Ken has led the installation of over a dozen systems conversions and implementations of various types, and been exposed to a vast amount of business systems, including point-of-sale systems, databases, and analysis tools, some of which he wrote from scratch.
Today, Ken is regarded as one of the world’s most passionate trainers and leading experts in Microsoft Excel, Power Query and Power BI.
Monkey Tools – Build better, faster.
Monkey Tools is an Excel add-in containing a set of tools to help you, as a business intelligence author:
- Build models more rapidly
- Follow recommended practices
- Document your work
- Audit files that you receive
Monkey Tools features:
- QueryMonkey (insert useful new queries into your data model)
- DestinationSleuth (provide information on query load destinations)
- QuerySleuth (understand query relationships)
- TimeSleuth (benchmark query refresh times)
- PivotSleuth (diagnose Pivot Table field issues)
- DAXSleuth (working with DAX measures)
- ModelSleuth (details and statistics on your queries and data model)
- And more!
Awards & Accolades
In recognition of his contributions to the online community Ken has been recognized with the prestigious Microsoft Most Valuable Professional award every year since 2006. In 2013 Ken was recognized as one of the “Top 20 Under 40” Business and Community Leaders on Vancouver Island, and in 2014, he was also recognized as a Fellow of CPA Canada, an honour given to less than 4% of CPA’s in their lifetime.
About Excelguru Consulting Inc.
The Excelguru website provides an extensive catalogue of Knowledge Base articles, Ken’s technology blog (where he shares much of his experimentation and observations of different technologies, particularly Power Query), and a free help forum for questions on Excel, VBA, Power Pivot and PivotTables, Power Query, Power BI and more.