What you’ll learn
Power Query is by far the best Data Preparation tool ever created for the business user. This course contains essential concepts, tips, tricks and suggestions to build upon the skills taught in our free “Power Query Fundamentals” course.
No matter how ugly your data, it needs to be cleaned for analysis, and that is the goal of this course. You’ll learn:
- A variety of simple transformation techniques that takes your data from ugly to tabular, all of which are refresh-able with a click.
- How to Append (or stack) two or more tables together, whether they live in a single file, come from two different data sources, are spread across multiple worksheets in the same workbook, or spread across multiple files or workbooks.
- How to merge data in multiple ways to identify items that either match, or don’t have a match at all.
- How to merge data based on VLOOKUP()’s “approximate match” methodology, as well as “Fuzzy” matching, where data to be matched is misspelled or needs to be translated from one word to another
- Where to use Conditional Logic to extract items into new columns based on certain criteria
We don’t care how ugly your data is, or where it lives. As long as you can get access to it, we’re convinced that you can clean it up and import it using Power Query. And that’s why this course also showcases how to connect to a wide variety of data source including databases, web pages, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, PDF files and more.
Built from a practical point of view, showcasing real-world examples and techniques that you can use right away, you’ll learn the steps, formulas, and tricks from world-class experts that will save you hours of time on a weekly basis.
- People who already have the skills provided in our free “Power Query Fundamentals” course (or equivalent experience)
- Anyone that need to import and clean data to be analyzed
- Anyone who copies and pastes data into the same Excel spreadsheet on a regular basis in order to be able to continue their workflow
- Anyone who has ever tried to consolidate data in Excel using VLOOKUP() or other methods
- Every user of Excel or Power BI
What you get with the course
What our students say about the course
Ken Puls, FCPA, FCMA
Is a Chartered Professional Accountant, blogger, author and trainer with over 20 years of business experience. His passion lies in exploring tools to turn data into information, and teaching others how to benefit from them. He has held the Microsoft MVP distinction since 2006, and has been recognized as a Fellow of his accounting organization.
Is an Excel specialist turned into BI specialist using the latest tools from Microsoft for BI – Power BI. He is the co-author of ‘M is for Data Monkey’, blogger and also Youtuber of powerful Excel video Tricks. He has been recognized as a Microsoft MVP, MCP – MCSA: BI Reporting and a Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT).